I had a call from a client that I've had since 1999. He's been very quiet lately. He ranks high in search engines, partly because of the longevity of his sites and domains; and partly because he works really hard at being top dawg. He's noticed a lot of his competitors have fallen away but there are new ones. These new competitors have embraced every avenue of social media. He's ready to jump in!
His checklist in no particular order:
- Create favicon.ico file for branding and eblasts, feeds, etc.
- Set up Twitter account
- Customize the twitter look to brand.
- Set up FB professional page
- Feedburner pages
- YouTube channel if you have videos.
- Have them all feed into each other
- Google site map
- Google profile and Google Maps
- Site maps to bing, yahoo, ask.com and google each month after updated.
- Setting up content into RSS feeds.
- Regular eblasts to existing clients and prospects.
- Auto responders for new subscribers
- Call for content from other enthusiasts and clients. They love posting their own photos.
- Publicize his free classifieds listings more as it brings people to his site repeatedly.
"Susan Finch is always thinking of new ideas that are a few steps beyond anything in my head. I toss her an idea and it comes back amazing, and is always successful for us."