Creating Your Perfect LinkedIn Profile
I love it when people I respect create great tips and share them. My friend, +Jeff Sieh (beekeeper and web talent extraordinaire) shared this list from the Social Media Hat, aka Mike Alton. Remember to put this on your marketing/branding To Do list.
Revisit your profiles regularly on all social media venues and sites to make sure it is current. If you contribute to blogs on other sites, or articles, have regular spots on television, they have bio pages for you too. What about your local chamber of commerce site and other organizations with member bios and photos? Make sure THOSE are current. Keep a list and add it to the calendar.
This list is specific to LinkedIn, but can apply to other venues. :
Mike Alton shares his success tips to help freelancers and small-to-medium business owners capitalize on their LinkedIn presence. You can see his great graphic with the same info on Pinterest here: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/39265827976383807/
01. Research Keywords for LinkedIn
02. Use a Current, Professional Profile Image
03. Consider Premium, and Then Add a Cover Photo
04. What’s Your Name, and What Do You Do?
05. Offer Complete Contact Information
06. Grab a Custom URL
07. Make Sure Your Profile Is Visible
08. Consider a Profile Badge
09. Support Additional Languages
10. Update Your Connections
11. Update Your Background
12. Add Media / Links
13. Review Skills & Endorsements
14. Move Sections Around
15. Add / Update Projects
16. Add / Update Publications
17. Ask for Recommendations and Give Recommendations
18. Regularly Publish Posts
19. Review Group Memberships
20. Daily LinkedIn Activity
Make sure to head over to Mike’s blog and read all his strategies on LinkedIn. This is definitely one you’ll need to bookmark! http://bit.ly/1jhZNVO
If you need help with your profile – editing, creating and more, I can help you with that, too.