Create a press kit for your site – even if you are a solopreneur.
Make sure they use the photo you prefer and bio.
Sometimes we are asked to be guests on a show, guest writers, there may be a story about our company, or a member highlight in one of your professional organizations. You don’t want people just googling your name and deciding which image to use. Make it EASY for them and have a press kit on your website.
Even if you are a solopreneur, you should still have this collection. The photo above is me – they all are, but none are my current headshot. If you google my name, you’ll find a variety of images of me and of my friend Susan E. Finch in NY, a doctor, a teacher and more.
Here is a list of items for your media page:
- Company History
- Current list of press releases and link to the post, doc or txt file or all three!
- Company logo in a few formats:
- 100 x 100
- 250 x 250
- 468 x 60 banner
- EPS or PDF with transparent background for print
- CMYK version for print
- Professional image for every member on your team with their direct contact info.
- Bios for each team member, preferably in these formats:
- 250 words
- 100 words
- 50 words
- spoken intro for appearances
- Caption for photos
- Ways to connect with you in the bio.
- Bio should be in Word, PDF, Text format to make it easy for people to copy/paste.
- Product sheets if you have branded products.
- Product logos with preferred link to the product page, video, etc.
Be sure to put this on your tasks lists to review every couple of months to make sure it is still current.