Some facts about hosting and website maintenance service providers.
- The list of top players changes constantly and is based on the specific needs of those testing them, who they are aligned with, and current trends.
- You need an advisor who regularly reviews new players, options and best practices, rather than resting in the easy chair of how it’s always worked.
- You are paying companies to create and maintain your online presence, which means you need to own ALL of the accounts and logins. Do not let anyone tell you this is not true.
- You need a “hit by a bus” plan for each of your providers so you are never stuck or relying memories to rebuild your lost website.
- I found this article pretty unbiased: https://www.websiteplanet.com/web-hosting/ written August 1, 2022.
Over the past 20 years, we have rescued dozens of websites and domains from companies that disappeared, or insisted on retaining control of all updates requiring a request for each update to the website, mail accounts, and domains.
The steps below and form is an evaluation and service we will walk you through. The recommended paths are based on over 25 years of experience working with dozens of hosting providers, mail providers, and “digital hostage” situations with disgruntled soon-to-be-former-hosting providers.